Tuesday, December 23, 2008

OUR NEW PET.... WALL.E


Jared & I got our very first pet at a White Elephant Gift Exchange.  Inside of our gift was a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.  Yes, I said cockroach.  After we found him we asked, "Can we really keep him?"

I don't think that was the response they were going for!!!  

We've named him WALL.E.  

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches make very good pets.  They eat about everything and are harmless to people.  They don't bark and upset the neighbors.  Most people aren't allergic and they are great conversation starters.

"Have you ever seen a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach?"

Jared is trying to find a cute little pet purse, you know like the ones for small dogs.  He wants to take WALL.E with us on "outings".   


3 comments:

Whitney said...

Congrats regarding the new addition to your family. Welcome Wall-E.

Marsha Ward said...

I love White Elephant gift exchanges. They can be so surprising.

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Jennie.

Granny said...

Ewww--please don't bring Wall.E with you on any visits. Does he have to be fed every day? Maybe your gift-givers will pet-sit him while you're away! I'm glad, though, that he came to such a loving home as yours! Aunt Pam

PS Love your blog! I really like the black background. It looks great on my new mac. I started a blog, but haven't kept it up very well...I'll get back to it sometime. If you want to see it, it's at butterscotchcastle.blogspot.com.