Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fast Trip up North Jan 16 -18, 2008

Jared & I Great Salt Lake, Utah.  Pic By Brian Adair-  Thanks Brian!!!

We had perfect weather in St George, Utah over the holiday weekend-- so we left town!  We drove up up North, to the freezing cold.   Why? you ask.  Well, cold weather, freezing cold weather is perfect weather to climb frozen waterfalls.  Saturday morning Jared and one of his very best friends, Nate Cox, climbed extra large frozen icicles in Provo Canyon, at Bridal Veil Falls.  Jared had a great time in the cold, while I stayed nice and warm--inside!

Pic by Jared McBride 1.17.09

Later that day we were driving past the Great Salt Lake to the Adair's home in Stansbury Park.  But just as we were almost their,  the sun began it's descent and the lighting was gorgeous at the Great Salt Lake.  I begged Brian and Jared to turn around and take me back to this beautiful spots to take pictures.  It was so cold... But I had to get some pictures.  

The price we pay for art.  Cold hands, but a warm heart.

 

Great Salt Lake by Jen McBride 1.17.09

I love this picture, because who knows where in the universe this was taken.  The inversion hides the outline of the mountains and the Great Salt Lake is not so recognizable.  

Not only was I able to take some beautiful pictures, but Jared and Brian taught me how to drive on the ice, or should I say, they taught me how to do 180 degree turns on the ice.  It may be called doughnuts.  I don't know what you call it, all I know is it was so much fun feeling the back end of the car slide around 180 degrees.  It was way better than any roller coaster and I didn't even hit any rocks or anything!  

Brian and Jared patiently endured me practicing my new driving skill over and over and over again.  Too bad there isn't much ice in St George, because I loved doing doughnuts on the ice!

No comments: