Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'M DONE!


The DVD is completed! I presented Strong and Beautiful: 30 Minute Blast Thursday August 20, 2009 at SUU! I passed!!!

Check out the awesome Cover art-Graphic Design by Bryan Harrison! I love it!


It is official! I have passed my four summer courses, including my capstone project! I have a master's in sports performance and conditioning from SUU!

I am so excited!!! It is such a miracle that I was able to complete the program in a year! And by the way... I am the first graduate of the new program! And as Dr Lambson said, "There is only one first!" Not that I am competitive in nature... but I sort of like being able to say that! :)


Jared and I spent the weekend in Brian Head and exploring around Cedar Breaks. Jared went for a fun bike ride and stopped and met me at this cool water fall in a tunnel! I got some fun pictures. I especially like this funny one of Jrad!


Jared took this picture of me! I love it! What a beautiful place.

Oh... I was also offered a job teaching as an adjunct professor at SUU! It isn't official... but I've looked over the text for the wellness class and I really like it! I hope that it works out and that in January I can start teaching Part-time! Dr Lambson the department head offered me the job and I was honored. Because he knows me!!! I am really excited about this opportunity!


Here is a picture of me at Cedar Breaks!


I am so excited to be done!!!! And in nice cool weather for the weekend!


My husband can fly!!!


Friday morning we were up at close to 11,000 feet elevation at Brian Head peak! It was a beautiful morning!



Here is a picture of me with Dr Karyn Spencer. She really helped me get the project underway!!! And was such a support!


Here is a picture of me with Dr. Rick Lambson the Physical Education Department Head.



Here is a picture of me presenting.

Oh... by the way half way through the presentation... the alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building! That was fun!!!

7 comments:

Maura said...

Jennie! This is twenty-seven kinds of AWESOME! What a fantastic milestone in your life. I am in awe of your accomplishments. :) Congratulations! Love you!

Maura

Anonymous said...

WOW - That is fabulous! What an amazing accomplishment. I love the pictures too. And Jared really can "fly". Looks like a really cool place, maybe someday I will take my family down there. Congratulations on all tha that you have accomplished with your Masters.

Nikki~Down syndrome Storyteller said...

You rock! Congrats and when do I get my copy? ;)

Melissa said...

You are way cooler than I, Jennie. :P I want a copy of your dvd so I can be amazing like you too! :)

Lisa said...

Jenn!!!!! I am SO proud of you. What an accomplishment. And, to have your Strong and Beautiful DVD on top of it all...my goodness how those wonderful ideas have been working in your mind since those early days at Deanna's piano. How the Lord blesses us! I love you so much.

Rylin Roberts said...

Congratulations!!! I can't believe you are done! I am just starting the research/writing class and think I am going to have another nervous break down. NO more Dr. Lyons? Now you can just take him to lunch as a faculty member. Your project looks great. You will have to let me know how defending it went.
Ang

Marsha Ward said...

Wow! Congratulations! How do I get a copy of your DVD?