Sunday, May 3, 2009

SUU Graduation May 2, 2009

Graduation was AWESOME!

Jared and I had the opportunity to be a few feet away from President Thomas Monson and hear him speak.  He counseled us to Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future and Live in the Present.  He said he has a 94 year old friend who is learning Greek.  He asked him why he was studying Greek.  The friend said, "Well, it's now or never!"  President Monson said we should always continue to learn, even though it may not always be in a formal environment.  

He Quoted Roy Rogers and said that we should LOVE PEOPLE and use things, and NOT USE PEOPLE and love things!  That quote is profound.  I hope that I always love people not things and never use people because of a love for things!   

Pres. Monson was optimistic and full of faith!  It was wonderful to have President Monson as the Keynote speaker at my graduation.  I feel very blessed to have been able to be so physically close to the Prophet of the Lord and to have heard him speak.  I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to continue my education and be one step closer to finishing my Master's.

It feels weird to have participated in the commencement exercises and walked prior to finishing ALL of my courses.  It feels WRONG!  But the next ceremony isn't until May of 2010 and I will finish my classes over the summer.  So...  what is a girl to do??  (Besides... President Monson isn't going to speak again next year!!!)

I will be taking 3 classes at SUU and finishing up my capstone project this summer!   Then I will officially complete all my courses and receive my Master's of Science Degree in Sports Performance and Conditioning from SUU!  

Kathie Ott, Jennie, & Debbie Morely 

These are two of my most favorite people in the world!  Not only were they there for me when I had Kidney Stones!!!!  But they patiently attended all the commencement exercises, kept Jared company, and celebrated this wonderful day with both of us!  How grateful I am that the Lord has blessed me with wonderful friends like Kathie and Debbie, they have blessed my life in countless ways and made my life so much more enjoyable.  I love you Kathie and Debbie!!! Thank you for supporting me on such a special day!!!

Jennie McBride May 2, 2009

The last picture is of Dr Rick Lambson, myself, Bridget Clinton, and Dr. Julie Taylor.  Dr. Lambson is the Department Chair.  He was very kind and accepted me into the program, even though I applied a few days late.  He also has awarded me scholarship money, which has helped me get through school so quickly.  

Bridget Clinton and I are two of the first graduates from the Sports Performance and Conditioning Program.  The program is only in it's second year!  

Dr Julie Taylor taught my Bioenergetics and Sports Nutrition classes.  They were amazing classes.  I apply the information I learned in her classes everyday!  


Dr Rick Lambson (Dept Chair), Jennie McBride, Bridget Clinton, & Dr Julie Taylor

What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Jennie you look beautiful! Congratulations on all you have accomplished - holy cow!!! You are amazing now and always have been. I love you.